Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Reliving Colonial America?

After countless hours of researching, watching documentaries, and gathering multiple comments and feedback from social media I've come to the conclusion or analogy that we are somewhat reliving history.

Since this election started, accusations and distrust have plagued America and its citizens. it reminds me of when I learned about the Salem Witch Trials of 1693 when Puritan citizens would accuse each other of witchcraft and consulting with the devil or in America's case immoral views (witchcraft) and political advisors (demons/ "The Devil"). The Salem Witch Trials teared through colonial America and consumed the lives of almost 50 people; this did not include the lives taken during the 300 years of witch trials in Europe.

Since the election race has begun Americans have chosen sides and accused each other of immoral crimes of which I shall not disclose and disseminating the goals that each candidate has to improve the "land of the dream". It's like a tug of war. It's like we've traveled back to the time of suspicion and treason and dug ourselves a hole that we may never get out of.

I don't know why this election isn't like the rest. Maybe it's because I do not favor either candidate but as an Independent and an independent thinker I favor my moral beliefs and causes more and I stand by what I believe in without choosing a side. Maybe it's because I have more fear in this election than any other because I fear that either way the river runs we will lead our country towards destruction or another civil war. I do not know the future or what it entails. All I know is that we may be reliving a dark time in American history.

2 comments:

  1. The outcome places me in shock. I never dreamed that our citizens would elect a businessman. My sense is that no one was more shocked than the Donald Trump's wife and son. Now, they will have to live up to the standards of the office. That isn't always easy and there is a learning curve. Will our citizens finally be satisfied. I doubt it. We have become a country of "I want it now" and when they don't get it, tend to whine. Yes, we are the "land of the dream" since we've had 70 years since WWII to develop a taste for the good life. Before WWII, families scratched out a living for the essentials, even though politics was always a game. The proof will be in the details which will make or break the man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that it in all in the details. It is not so much the big things that make the presidency but the way in which decisions are made and what the outcome is. I surely have no comment on the result of the election since I did not favor either candidate but I would like to see whether or not Donald Trump has the audacity, the strength, and the mental maturity to take on the task of running this nation.

    ReplyDelete