Friday, April 15, 2016

Morality? What morality?

Okay...umm what is our country coming to via moral standards? I checked AOL.com this afternoon and see stories of murder, bloodshed, drugs, and racism. What on earth is happening here? Students as young as 17 are participating in the 'devil's work' by performing gruesome and in some cases unheard of atrocities. In the 1950s the simple household was expected to be clean, orderly, and have a young, vivacious family living under its roof. What has happened in the last 50/ 60 years? I mean I understand some of America's struggles to get to this point. I mean I really do I've studied it myself.

But, just because struggles have happened in the past doesn't mean we need to dig old skeletons out of the closets and throw them at the nearest passersby. To support my argument, here is a link to Hillary Clinton's fumble on using a word to describe a skeleton of the past: http://www.aol.com/article/2016/04/14/sanders-calls-out-clinton-for-using-racist-term/21344590/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl20%7Csec1_lnk1%26pLid%3D-706118466

What do you think? I'm on the fence not because I'm a dog but because I am not backing behind a specific party. I'm Independent. I am simply stating my opinion of how it looks through my eyes. But I will state that some words should be left unsaid and there are points where opinions or phrases should be used in more appropriate situations. This would be the perfect example. An analogy to better understand this example is a bully who still has their prejudices of a person from his/ or her past and still calls them a name that he/ or her did back then. Is this right? Shouldn't this be stopped?

No comments:

Post a Comment