Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Sin Amongst Humanity

Through the darkness tears fall of the little angels whose hearts have been broken. Not by the typical tragedy stories but their own peers and loved ones. What is the sin, you ask? Well my friends and colleagues that sin is bullying. Bullying is a crime that strips the innocent of confidence and self-worth and replaces it with destruction, confusion, rage, rebuttal, and sadness. A trait that some bullies thrive on and never notice until karma whips them back. I've known bullying all my life. I've experienced it first-hand and was given an insight as to how cruel the world can be to those who cannot fight back. Til 2011 I've been afraid. From then I grew up. I've changed.  Now it's over.

Throughout my childhood I lived a typical normal life. I had parents and a little brother whom I loved with all my heart. I was active in extracurricular activities and I excelled in my academics. Though from the surface all seemed to be fine and it seemed as if I was destined for a bright future regardless of where it led me. But to some it would of been a tragedy if I succeeded in my goals. I treated everyone with respect and I played like every child would but then it came. The names. The names. The torture of being called names.

I was a horse to some people
and a jackass to others.
I was a girl who had no friends
in a world full of troubles.

I tried to change my look
and even what I wore.
To stand in the crowd.
Just for someone to adore.

When I suffered they cheered.
When I cried they cheered.
I'd look away for one moment
and they'd sneer, sneer, and sneer.

I hid away broken
eating all I could
To break their cruelty
plan the death I should.

I hated the world
I had no will living
These jerks so cruel
Are they happy with sinning?

Sometimes I can't forgive
The remarks are stained
In my brain and my mind
To them I'm just the same.

As I grew I matured
Into a woman smart and bold
those who doubted me
Some lies you told.

Looking back I smile
I crack one each time
for I have a good heart
I'm stronger and refined.

Here I present my struggles during my years of bullying and how I grew over the years. I matured into a woman who is now thriving in her youth, her family, and her career path. I'm the living proof that even though you are bullied and doubted by some you can still become successful and live a tremendous life. Forget what others say. Stand for what you believe in and together we can subdue this sin amongst humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment