Monday, January 30, 2017

Night Prowlers

So I sorta feel like a freak. Why? Because I love to take nightly drives. Technically I should be asleep, but what happens when you don't sleep and your mind starts wandering wondering what to do, how to do it, and what you should do to make you tired. Ever felt like this? I know I have.

The simple thing I do is take a small drive or maybe a long drive because it allows me to be free. Allows me to think and not worry too much about every other psycho thing in life. So to express how I feel about taking nightly drives I decided to write a poem----this relates to one of the nightly drives I took when I was in college and it brings me back to peace and tranquility. What brings your mind to ease?




The Night Prowler (1-30-2017)



Basking in the darkness

Yes, basking in darkness

Surrounded in the darkness

Trembling in the shadows.



Alive, yes, I’m alive

Crowded in the notes

An amateur vocalist triumphs

In her shadowy hoax.



Who dares threaten me

To destroy my power

In this confined space

This the darkest hour.



The shadows they cower

My voice raises higher

This is my moment

Of sheer human power.



Surrounded in the black

Wrapped in the shadows

I howl to them

Eyes of the meadows.



No fear compels me

The melody consumes me

The stars shine almighty

No fear consumes me.



Basking in the glory

I’ve won the battle

No blood, no gore

Just teeth and chatter.



Pray on the night

I must, must survive

Face, yes, face me

The prowler comes alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment